The bond between a client and a company or business is often compared to that of lovers. It’s a delicate relationship where first impressions matter a great deal. In fact, it’s not uncommon to compare it to a first date! You also have to nurture it, making sure to do and say the right things. Here are a few more tips and trick to ensure that the bond you and your company has with its clients remain strong, always. We’ve divided it into 2 main sections for your convenience.
The way you treat them, when you are around them
- Be it with first time clients, or your long-term clients, it’s important that you keep yourself presentable whenever your clients are around. Personal hygiene is not a new topic for any of us. But apart from this, you should also dress well; especially on those days where you’d want to make an impression. Trust us, being well dressed is important; even for new businessmen.
- Being prompt and punctual is vital. This is especially true for first meetings; but is also a great way to give the impression to your client that they are important to you. This inevitably will result in them feeling a connection with you and your work.
- Never stop trying to impress them. Be it at corporate christmas party http://srbevents.melbourne/corporate-events/christmas-parties.html or simply by your work or the knowledge that you have on them and their work; as a business person, you must always try to impress your client in order to keep them happy, interested, and also strengthen the bond your company has with them.
The way you treat them, when you are not around them
- Learn to keep in touch with them. Like with a relationship, communication is important even when trying to strengthen the bond you have with your clients. Being up to date with their business and personal life will help you communicate smoother with them at crucial times. Keeping in touch with the client is also a great way to get feedback on your business, as well as what they think about your competition.
- Have a few regular meetups. If you are someone who doesn’t do too well at big public events, then trying to “bond” with your clients at a best function venues at San Remo Ballroom is not an option for you. Instead, try and meet up with them in and at an informal setting; like the bar (or sports bar, if your client is a sports fan) or even at a restaurant. Don’t undermine the power of food; especially that which it holds over relationships!
- Sending an unexpected gift or two isn’t a bad idea either. We don’t mean those commercial seasonal gifts; everyone does those. Depending on your business, try sending them coffee gift boxes (with a variety of blends), or better, a pizza! People rarely forget gestures like this; and it is a sure way to strengthen that which you have with your valued clients https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venue.
Thanks to stores that sell everything from rafters to hammer and nail, and all kinds of DIY video guides online, anyone with enough time and dedication on their hands can become a carpenter and builder. Even a complete novice can eventually build a house by following the instructions on a manual. If you have a partner who is obsessed with tearing everything apart and putting it back together, then you will understand; here are some tips on how to handle them so that your life becomes easier.
If your partner is trying to be an plasma cutters select capacity based on the thickness of the metal and annoys you with the constant noise and glare of the sparks, then talk to him/her about perhaps allocating time for it. Speak to them beforehand and fix a time for the discussion. Keep an open mind (and an open temper) and explain that the constant noise is irritating and that perhaps a certain time frame in which they can weld to their hearts’ content is better for everyone concerned. That way, not only do you acknowledge their interests, but you also highlight your needs as well.
Support Their Passion
At the end of the day, it is your partner, so see if you can find it in your heart to support their passion. Buy them a CNC plasma cutter for Christmas or sign them up for a diploma that will teach them professional skills on carpentry and metal work. Knowing that someone supports them and their passion is cause to be grateful and also appreciate their partners – you might be able to get them to do what you want more easily if they see that you appreciate their interests. If they don’t, it makes for great emotional blackmail.
If You Can’t Beat ‘Em
Sometimes, there is no beating them so you have to join them instead. Who knows? You might surprise yourself if you actually try your hand at DIY crafts, carpentry and metal work. Get your partner to explain and show something to you and instead of pretending, try your hardest to understand and do it. There is no greater compliment that you can pay your partner than when you show genuine interest in mig welders for sale what they do; if you want to join in, it makes it even better. Don’t give up on the first try. That’s meant to go wrong. Keep trying!
Accept Your Differences
Often, the problem isn’t that your partner is a DIY nut. It’s that you are not. Many people feel left out when their partners become absorbed in a project and they either try to distract their partners or nag them till they leave it behind. This kind of behaviour usually results in either worsening the situation or with the relationship suffering. It’s much better to simply accept that you are two different individuals and that your interests are different. If your partner has been trying to rope you in to it, explain to them gently that you have your own hobbies and that you would like to carry them out in peace, just like they do.
Since event planning has becoming a much sought for industry, people especially the corporate sector look for high standard and quality events. This industry requires a lot of skills and expertise and hence if you need to be on the top of the list, you need to have the following traits.
- Interpersonal skills
People are a vital part in every occasion. Events are all about meeting and dealing with people so you need to be extremely good with them. A balance between relationship with client and employees should be maintained very well so that each party is satisfied and happy to work with you. Communication is important since you need to tell your employees what to do and your client what are being done.
Events are all about networking. People gather at such social occasions to build interpersonal relationships and create networks. As an event manger, networking can be everything. You need to have contacts with caterers, wedding band and sound suppliers, florists and all other people who will help you in making the event happen. Also, this industry does not use excessive marketing and hence word of mouth is what is important.
Most people know what they want from their events but don’t know to organize them creatively. You need to have a great eye and the ability to mix, match and play with colours and décor. Not only that, you need to have the ability to creatively solve any problem that comes up.
- Time management
You have so much to do always, but you need to prioritize your work and manage your time effectively. You need to learn to multitask so that you can make use of the minimum time you have. You can even divide the tasks among different teams so that everything is done simultaneously. Let one team handle the caterers, another caterers and another wedding entertainment. This way you can easily fulfill your responsibilities on time. Also, meeting deadlines is everything so time management is crucial.
You need to have the ability to make use of what you have and get the best out of it. There could be sudden changes to your plan due to inadequate material, cancellation of caterer, change of venue and so many other problems. You need to always be ready to overcome any of these problems with what you have. Here, handling your people in the best possible manner is important too since people are the most important resources in any task. Analyze each person’s skills and assign them tasks that could be performed to the best of their ability.